Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Overanalyze

I shouldn't be writing this blog, I should be studying for chemistry...
Brenden wrote on my wall the other day. Why do I put so much thought into a little facebook post? I was just so taken aback. Let's go through how I over analyzed this.
1. He was looking at my profile. *gasp*
2. It was actually a nice post... surprise coming from him.
3. He was looking at my profile!!!!!!!!!
4. He had to have seen how happy I am with my friends.
5. I haven't been thinking about him as often as I used to.. good thing!
6. I need to come up with something witty but not look like I was trying too hard to write back.

Kaylie and I talked about it for a while. When you love someone or even care about them tremendously they always have that part of you. I was so invested in Brenden that when things ended I was frayed. The part of me that was invested in him will always be with him, whether he knows it or not. I have learned to grow and replace that missing piece with the friends I have made here and the people that I have begun to care about and just in the changes I have made in the person I am since I have moved out to Utah. One day I will meet the person that will be it for me. Even though I know that I will love this person more than life itself, there will still be that chunk that is with Brenden. But, that doesn't really bother me because I know that I will be able to invest all of me that is still a part of me into the person that will mean forever.
I think that my relationship with Brenden represented a period of my life. He was the transition for me from high school to college. He brought out from within me the ability to care for and even love another. That is good.
But, now I am in another part of my life and that transition stage is far behind. I would never take back the things that I learned from Brenden and the experiences we shared... but I recognize that that is gone.
This is good.
By the way, the post I wrote in response was both witty and clever, and sexy, did I mention sexy?

6 comments:

obkebe said...

Katie I so read you. Not just cuz I actually read you're blog...but cuz I get how you feel. Well emotionally i guess. :)

Unknown said...

I know I give you a hard time about Brenden, but I feel the same way about Taylor still. I don't want to be with him anymore, but every time I see him on campus everything I say comes out weird, and I look at his profile all the time.
i love you.

kendra and jeffrey said...

I love this post and I love you.

Also, I want to read this sexy reply! ;)

Claire said...

I'm so glad you wrote this, because I have been wanting to talk to you about that wall post. Thanks for letting me peek inside your brain. It made me really happy. Almost as happy as actually talking to you makes me.

kaylie jean. said...

You better believe that comment was sexy.

You're great, kate.
Love you.

Chioma said...

thank you for describing breakups so perfectly.

yes i am reading your really old stuff bc you guys won't let me read your exclusive little blog. :P <-sticking my tongue out at you. Not good naturedly