Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Post one

This is my blog. Kaylie made me make one. It is going to be the best blog ever. Yesterday Carrie dyed part of my hair pink. I hope I can take tests in the testing center... kind of.
Just kidding, this is going to be a really bad blog. All my friends write really interesting things.. mine is going to be me complaining mostly. I want to watch Atonement again. Jenna really loves that movie. The first time I saw it the entire time I was contemplating whether I liked it or not, in the end I decided I liked it. I wish that I could look into the future and see what I am going to major in and what my career is going to be and who I am going to marry, that way I don't have to waste my time and stress out. I feel as though I never take things as they come. I always want to know what the end of the road will be, I never take time to realize that the journey is the whole point of it. I feel as though the end will never come and if I keep just waiting for the end to come then I will never experience anything ever. I was looking at my mom's myspace the other day and there was a picture on there of my parents and I on my graduation day. The sky was blue, the grass was so green and wonderful and it was so sunny. Marcum left a comment that said "those shoe's look quite uncomfortable.....cute family though...real nice grass too...hopefully you took a good moment and sat down on it" Until now something like that hasn't ever really struck me. The grass does look so great, it would have been amazing to have taken a nap on it, but I didn't. That whole day was just a rush to get ready, to get to pictures, to get to the ceremony... And to what point? The event happened, I reached "the end"... but there will always be another end... Unless I stop take a nap in the grass my life is going to amount to nothing. Sure I may have reached a lot of ends, but who cares? If I don't stop for just one second and freakin' take a nap... I don't know. That is one thing I really admire Brenden about. How he is very laid back and always wanting to experience things, not just be apart of them. Maybe my trying to be what he wanted me to be will have paid off... maybe I will someday soon be able to take a nap in the grass.

3 comments:

brooke said...

i agree. i think it has a lot to do with the pressure of people that are like, "so, what have YOU done with your life?" we want to have lists of accomplishments-but naps are better.

kaylie jean. said...

I really like this a lot. Let's take a nap on the grass, before it snows. Then let's make a snowman.

Becky Pitcher said...

KATTIIIEEE!
i found your blog and now i can be happy.
I read it and then I remembered how much I love you.