Thursday, February 19, 2009

Suf-jan? Soof-jan? Suf-yan? Soof-yan?

There are very few musicians that can make me happier than Sufjan (SOOF-yan) Stevens (STEE-vuhnz). Seriously, listen to Decatur and not smile.
I think the number one for me is if I am listening to the radio and The Beatles happen to come on... that is the ultimate in musical happiness.
But, listening to Sufjan's upbeat music just perks my spirits.
However... I wouldn't suggest listening to John Wayne Gacy Jr. if you are looking for a pick me up... Yeah, songs about serial killers never tend to be the greatest at that.
Also... Satan's Saxaphone has to be the most irritating song I have ever heard in my life. And, of course, it was meant to be that way.
He has an album wholey dedicated to the state I love the most. You can't go wrong with Michigan. Even if most of the songs have the theme about the state picking itself up.
I didn't really prove my point in this post. At least he is good looking.
I think Jenna and I will forever argue about who is going to carry his babies first.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Casimir Pulaski Day for the win

Unknown said...

I agree with Jenna.
That is my FAVORITE Sufjan song, except that I adore when he sings "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing."