Monday, February 9, 2009

Ma Mom

This is my mom:

She is very funny.
When I was in high school we did not get along at all.... and not because of your typical mother/teenage daughter reasons.

But... all of those that know me know that as well.. so we won't relive the past.

Since then, we have gotten close again and it is good to talk to her.

My mother has a facebook. My mother loves facebook.


Everyday I get new requests for applications from her: chocolate box, relatives, kisses... and most recently: babies.

I do not know what the babies application is, nor will I ever for I just giggle at these applications then deny them.

When Jenna deleted her facebook my mother called me concerned. "Is Jenna all right? I see she deleted her facebook. You better call her to make sure everything is all right."

When talking to my mother on the phone today she brought it up. She didn't understand where it came from. Why was I saying these things to her. My aunt, who also has a facebook, called my mother to ask her if I was joining the army... I am not. I had wanted to talk to my dad after my mother but I was laughing too hard that I had to hang up the phone
My mother is impossible to get off the phone. "Well mom, I am going to let you go now." "Okay, so how are your roommates? How was that homework assingment? How is blah blah blah?" I proceed to say I am going to hang up over and over, progessively louder, until she says goodbye.
My mother is funniest when she is on her drugs. She takes sleeping pills then proceeds to go to bed at 8pm. If she stays up much later than this, she won't remember what happened. One night she went outside in her pajamas to shovel our back porch. My dad was outside getting into his truck to go plowing and called my brother to bring her in. Talking to her on the phone while I am at school and she is like this is the funniest.
My mother is great. She is very caring and funny.
So... become her facebook friend: Patricia Harris.
She will be thoroughly offended if you don't request her first.

7 comments:

brooke said...

LOL LOL LOL

:D

kendra and jeffrey said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

love this.

Claire said...

ha ha ha ha!!

I laughed out loud Kate. This is so great.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh I laughed so hard i started snorted.
your mom sends me requests every freaking day.

Unknown said...

i didn't proofread that.
i feel stupid.

kaylie jean. said...

pahahahaha

Chioma said...

HOW HILARIOUS!