Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blood.

Yes- This post has the same name as Kaylie's... I even put the period after the word blood. I am a thief.

I can't stop watching Dexter. Thank goodness I finished this season... because I have 1 paper due and 4 tests in the upcoming week, one of them is a final... great.
But... there are still so many episodes I have to catch up on from season one.
Seriously, this guy is brilliant. I know that a serial killer isn't usually one's hero, but hey, we all loved the guys in Boondock Saints, right?
I know I have explained this show to everyone I have ever met, but I just need to get this down in writing.
Dexter is amazing. When this guy was 3 his mother was killed with a chainsaw right in front of his eyes. He sat in 2 inches blood for three days until the police came. The man who adopted him was the police officer who rescued him. He detected in Dexter psychotic tendencies. He realized that Dexter would kill, so he taught him who to kill and gave him a code to live by. As Dexter unravels his past he veers off the code and creates a path for himself. This man, Dexter, does not feel emotions.. He has a girlfriend, but just because she is damaged like him. As viewers we watch him develop feelings and not know how to deal with them. He may be a serial killer, but he only kills those who he knows have murdered others. He is a baller. Plus, you get to see him murder people some times.
Well...
I am happy that I got this out.
I freakin' love this show...
Although it has taken away the sting I developed when I heard the f word.
Eh... is it worth it?
As of now.... yes.
shhhhh

4 comments:

Claire said...

1. You have never explained this show to me. Apparently we've never met.
2. I have the feeling I wouldn't like it very much.
3. I still laughed out loud at "He is a baller. Plus, you get to see him murder sometimes"...and yes, I am in class.

Unknown said...

you've never explained it to me either, but hey.
i don't know if i want to look this up or not.
I probably won't, but only because it's finals week.

Katie said...

I've only been into this show since Saturday.... and have already spent like 20 hours on it.... and am about to watch an episode right now :)

Unknown said...

"Chuck" is better, but this sounds good