Monday, October 20, 2008

Missionaries

Today I got another e-mail from Mckay's mom... a forward of his letter. He is growing up so much and he said his Spanish is just improving so fast. He is really learning to rely on the Lord. My favorite thing about the letters is the fact that his grammar is so horrible in it.. wow.
My favorite part of this letter:
"i have one request por favor! please send me candy! the food here sucks in everyway. the best thing i have had is cow tounge and it was actually really good but everything else sucks. i just want a box of candy and altoids in there too. if you send it soon it will be here around christmas anyways. haha"
Maybe I will send him a package full of candy as well... but probably not.
What a good boy, how I do miss my best friend.
Plus he and his companion were teaching people in an alley and these guys walked up to them with a knife... :
"dad i know ur going to recieve this first so this sory if for you then you can delete it so mom cant read it. the other nihgt we were teaching this lady in the street back in a ally and making a return appt and this guy was behind me and my comp noticed him and i could see in my side vision and he had a knife out waiting for us to get done. i was like oh crap. i have tought my comp english phrases so if theres somthin going on he can say it real quick and the people wont know whats going on. well the guy was waiting for us and whistling for him gang to come well we just kept the conversation rolling and waited for a good time. the guy trued and walked up the street for a sec and right when we saw that we just booked it! it scared the crap out of me."
That is so frightening especially because of that missionary in Australia that was stabbed.
I am so grateful for the missionaries... the things they do daily, just a complete devotion to the Lord and his work... amazing.

Thank you to all pre/current/post missionaries :)

4 comments:

Claire said...

oh grammar.
oh mckay.
oh my gosh! he could've died.
oh katie. i was so glad to see a post from you. i miss you love.

kendra and jeffrey said...

BAHAHAHAH!!!

This is hilarious.
I'm guessing Mckay's dad didn't delete the crazy knife story . . . haha!

obkebe said...

yeah that missionary that was stabbed in Australia played for BYU last year, CRAZY! my friend played B-Ball with him @ Provo High. I can't wait to go! thanks for putting this up Katie, it's good to hear updates from old friends. :)

Unknown said...

oh, grammer, no kidding.
i love mckay, and i'm glad he finally made it into the field. i thought i'd be at the mtc forever.
i do miss all my friends on missions, though.