Thursday, July 1, 2010

He's Home

Mckay is home! He flew into Bakersfield last night after two years away on a mission. He called me a half hour after being released and we talked for a while. It is reassuring to know that some relationships will stay the same even after you have been apart for so long. Things weren't awkward at all, just good.
For the two years he was away I wrote him about once a month... the last couple months about once every week or two. I didn't get many letters in return, so it felt like I was just writing in a journal or something. It was still comforting knowing someone who cares was reading them, but sometimes I forgot that I was writing to him at all. Yesterday when we spoke it was nice that he knew the things that had happened in my life, I didn't have to update him on a lot of events or feelings. That was so nice.

Eloquence is not my forte and therefore a couple pictures from his mission will suffice.




It makes me excited for my mission.

3 comments:

brooke said...

OH MAN!
I am so excited for your mission, too, Kate. YAY!

Unknown said...

Wait, did he serve in Peru? Which mission?

Katie said...

Mckay was in Lima North. Do you know someone that served there?