Monday, June 14, 2010

Hippies

I am my father's daughter...
I sit and watch History Channel. Ice Road Truckers on some days, Hippies today.


Hippies. "If I lived in a decade it would be the 60s for sure. I would definitely be a hippie." Hm, is this what I actually believe? I like the Beatles, Steppenwolf, Mamas and the Papas, Jefferson Airplane. LSD? Free sex everywhere? Not really my scene... And kind of a necessity in the life of a hippie.
Peace and love. Utopia, communion through nature. Sounds ideal. Why can't that be achieved? As this documentary of the sixties progresses that idealism of the Hippie movement loses its flare. "A lot happened and people got burnt out by the end of it."
The hippies faded away.

Would I have been a hippie? My father was 18 in 1966; he wasn't a hippie. I am my father's daughter after all.

2 comments:

brooke said...

i would like to see pictures of your dad as a hippie.
halloween?

Jenna said...

If I recall, we were both on board for LSD and free sex for all when we watched this. I mean, its just like our normal lives. NBD